Nottingham Forest FC have announced the take-over of the club by a consortium headed by Evangelos M. Marinakis, a Greek shipowner, businessman and owner of Greek champions Olympiacos FC, and Sokratis Kominakis, a Greek businessman and investor, previously a senior executive with several multinational corporations. The completion of the purchase of 100% of the club’s shares follows the EFL’s review of the business plan submitted for the club. The EFL conducted an Owners’ and Directors’ test and concluded that none of the persons who would be Relevant Persons are liable to be disqualified under the test.
- The purchase is a consortium led by Marinakis and Socrates Kominakis, a Greek businessman and investor, for 100% of Hasawi’s shares. The sum is undisclosed
- The owners have formed a new company NF Football Investments Ltd, registered in the UK
- Nicholas Randall QC, a leading sports lawyer, has been appointed as chairman
- Ioannis Vrentzos – currently CEO of Olympiacos – will move to become Forest CEO
- Frank McParland has had his contract extended as director of football